- African-American: So do you guys hunt for your food in Africa?
- African: I do sometimes yes.
- African-American: That sounds dangerous!
- African: It can be. Once I was so frustrated that I couldn't find anything I shook the refrigerator and it almost fell on me.
- African American: Refrigerator??
- African: Ah, I forgot it's been awhile since you've actually gone home.
I can’t cut my hair now because if I do, people will think it’s because of Lupita.
BUT I CUT MY HAIR THAT SHORT A FEW YEARS AGO!!!!!!!
Sometimes when I have my weave in for a long time then take it out to wear my natural hair, I feel like people will think it’s ugly and judge me. But then I stare in the mirror at myself and start to love my afro all over again. I realized that I was judging myself. I really love my African kinks tho!
I love how my parents can go from yelling at me and calling me irresponsible / a disturbance to what they want to do (by parents I mean my dad) to telling me how proud they are of me and how they can’t wait to see what I do in the future….all on the span of one phone call.